I’ll just add this here as reference for the Microscope review that’s probably coming Thursday. Things might make more sense then, if you’re not familiar with the game.
A civilization flees the planet around a collapsing star.
- The STAR!
- Magical Aliens
- The Search for a New Home
- Lee: The Prophetic Telescope
- Stephen: Octagagon
- Wendy: S^3 (The Sorcery-Scientific Symposium)
- Colin: Dinoworld
Periods, Events, and Scenes
(START) Period (DARK): Discovery of a Dying Star
Event (LIGHT): The Prophetic Telescope Goes Online
- Scene (DARK): Why Did the Technomage attempt to sabotage the project?
- The Prophetic Telescope Observatory, Night
- Technomage (Lee), Burly the Security Guard (Colin), Widget the Repair Specialist (Wendy), Director Jupiter (Stephen)
- Because the research says it’s a horrible idea that makes all future bad because it was seen with magic
Event (DARK): Scientists Announce Death of Star
- Scene (DARK): Why Did They Choose to Announce This During the Octagagon Semifinals?
- Government Planning Room, Afternoon
- Something significant is going to happen during an Octagagon match, so it’s important to stop it and get the news out with one fell swoop!
Period (LIGHT): The Church of the New Sun (Religious Bargaining)
Event (LIGHT): Alien Relics Found in a Pyramid Predict Space Jesus
Event (DARK): We Held a Party for Space Jesus and He Didn’t Come
Period (LIGHT): Light on the Horizon (Rise of Relic-Based Science)
Event (DARK): Gibbering Truth (Rise of a Space Alien Anchorite)
Period (LIGHT): The Long Hello (First Contact with Magical Aliens)
Event (LIGHT): We held a Party for Space Jesus and He Actually Came this Time
- Scene (DARK): How Did the Church of the New Sun React to Space Jesus?
- Stadium for the Octagagon Finals!
- Space Jesus (Wendy), Famous Technomage Atheist (Stephen), Nearly-Washed-Out Octagagon Player (Lee), CotNS PR Rep (Colin)
- Space Jesus raptured ghosts only (after magic eruption created mutants), therefore the Church now hates magic!
Period (DARK): The RECKONING (Panic and Anarchy)
Event (LIGHT): Angry Mob Burns Down Prophetic Telescope
Event (LIGHT): Ghost Solar Flare (Ghosts suddenly everywhere!)
Event (LIGHT): Totally Awesome Helper Pyramid Ghost
Event (DARK): All Giant Creatures Hunted to Extinction to Serve as Spaceships
- Scene (DARK): Why Did We Kill All these Creatures Without a Plan?
- Last magiliphant preserve, southern continent
- Because if we didn’t use them for spaceships, they would have just been turned into fertility powders
Event (LIGHT): First Ever S^3 (Sorcery-Scientific Symposium)
Period (LIGHT): Beyond the Stars! (Proof of Extra Offworld Homes)
Event (LIGHT): Discovery of Space Jesus’ Ship
Event (LIGHT): Discovery of Many Worlds that Support Life (but are Far Away)
Event (DARK): The Northern Collapse (Natural Disaster makes Northern Half of Major Continent Uninhabitable)
Event (DARK): Only One Habitable Planet Close Enough (Guess We’ll Go There)
- Scene (DARK): Is the Planet Really Habitable?
- Sorcery-Scientific Symposium (S^3)
- It has the atmosphere and resources, but we expect a lot of Sentient Dinosaurs riding Less-Sentient Dinosaurs (Do we have the right or capabilities to take this planet?).
(END) Period (LIGHT): Civilization Escapes the Planet
Event (DARK): Sabotage of the the Space Elevator
- Scene (DARK): Why Did Magical Aliens Try to Blow Up the Space Elevator?
- The Top of the Space Elevator
- Magical Aliens totally hate first humans off the elevator, and remember that they suck from way back when Space Jesus raptured them ghosts
Event (DARK): Space Battle over Evacuation Priority
Event (DARK): Mass Suicides (Makes a lot of spare ghosts…)
- Scene (LIGHT): Why Did All the Suicides Occur?
- On Public Television
- It turns out that if you choose to commit suicide, you can give extra evacuation lottery tickets to loved ones.
Event (LIGHT): The Ark Finds Dinosaurs After All (Space Jesus’ Ship to Dinoworld)
- Scene (DARK): How Does Space Jesus’ Ship Work?
- In Space Jesus’ Ship
- It burns ghosts (it wasn’t a Rapture after all, it was a pit stop!)
- Scene (DARK): How Are We Gonna Get All of Those Ghosts in There?
- Primary Spaceport
- We’re going to get the ruins of the Prophetic Telescope and find the next Ghost Flare and time our horrible, horrible ghost-sucking ritual for then
- Scene (LIGHT): Does Humanity Escape Surfing a Giant Ghost Flare?
- In Space Jesus’ Ship
- Yes, yes they totally do
- Scene (DARK): What Was the Result of the Dino Wars?
- The last human colony fort on Dinoworld
- At last armistice on a decimated planet, instead of a peace treaty, the Dinos unleash the Dinovirus, rewriting humanity into subservient dinosaurs.